Páginas

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stephan El Shaarawy: 'Neymar is best in the world '


AC Milan's Stephan El Shaarawy celebrates with team mate Ignazio Abate after scoring the opening goal against PSV Eindhoven on August 20, 2013


By Liam Power , Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 16:23 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 18:06 UK
AC Milan striker Stephan El Shaarawy has declared that he believes Neymar is the world's best player right now and reveals that Kaka and Alessandro Del Piero were among his boyhood idols.

El Shaarawy has endured a difficult start to the 2013-14 campaign, with a dip in form resulting in reduced playing time for both Milan and Italy .

The 'Little Pharaoh' revealed that Neymar made a strong impression on him at close quarters during the Confederations Cup in a wide-ranging interview, which also covered his allegiance to the Azzurri.

He told Mundo Deportivo: "My idols? I have several. It is great to see Kaka back, and Del Piero was also someone I looked up to. Francesco Totti as well is someone I like. It is a pleasure to play against him now.

"I'm Italian, so I've never thought about playing for Egypt. I am proud of my roots, but Italy is my home.

"The best player in the world? I guess at the moment that's Neymar. I played against him and it was amazing."

The 20-year-old has played 10 times for his country under Cesare Prandelli , while becoming a regular for Milan during two full seasons at the San Siro.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/