Páginas

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fred pays tribute to Seleção team-mates for goals


By Callum Fox 2013-04-08 12:00:00

Action Images
Fluminense's Fred says he is enjoying his stint as the Seleção's first choice striker and claims his job is made easier with the likes of Neymar and Oscar playing behind him.
The Fluminense striker has scored three goals in the last three games for the Seleção and Fred insists it is all down to his team-mates.
"I think that goal was another step forward for me. It wasn’t my best game for the Seleção, but I was able to chip in with something.
"I fell a bit short of what I wanted . I grafted and battled away, but I still didn’t play as well as I’d hoped.
"That said, they didn’t give us much space to work in. There are still a few games to go and I’ve got to do my bit. I need to help the side as a whole, help the team to grow.
"I’m an out-and-out centre-forward and so the characteristics of players like Neymar, Oscar and Hulk, who are all very quick, are a real bonus.
"As a central striker it makes me very happy, because I know at some point in the game I’ll get one or two goalscoring chances. It’s just a matter of being ready when they come.
"And they need someone who can hold the ball up, so they can get quality combinations going. That’s how you make space in attacking areas."http://www.sambafoot.com